Prep: 1 large baingan, 2 large bell peppers, 1 large onion, 2 medium tomatoes, 1 clove garlic, 1 green chili, cilantro, coriander powder, garam masala, crushed red pepper, cumin seeds, salt.
1. Bake 1 large baingan in oven at 400 degrees for an hour. Turn every 15 minutes. Let it cool.
2. Finely chop 1 large onion and 2 large bell peppers.
3. In olive oil, add a pinch of heeng and cumin seeds.
4. Saute the onions.
5. Add minced garlic (about 1 large clove).
6. Mash or blend the peeled baingan, then add to the above mixture.
7. Add about 2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon garam masala, crushed red pepper and salt to taste.
8. Let the above mixture fry for 10-15 minutes on med while stirring every now and then.
9. In a separate pan, stir fry the bell peppers, keeping them slightly crunchy.
10. Blend 2 medium tomatoes with 1-2 hari mirch and add to the mixture. Fry for another 2 minutes and then turn off.
11. Before serving add fried bell peppers and cilantro.